Wild animals never kill for sport. Man is the only one to whom the torture and death of his fellow creatures is amusing in itself.-- James A. Froude (1818-1894)

Sunday, August 22, 2010

So much cruelty ...

I started this blog as a tribute to my family pets. We've had pets for eversince I can remember. They r so much a part of our fun, happiness, giving us companionship. But sadly not all people consider pets or animals with such compassion...

As the blog evolved, it became my voice for bringing attention to animal welfare issues. But the of late there has been to many issues involving animal cruelty of all forms, I can't even bring myself to blog about it.. until now.. (even then it hurts, for as much as it hurts me to blog about it, i can't even begin to imagine the actual suffering the animals have to endure)

A search through TheStar.com.my archives while looking for articles about the death of Reve (previous post) turned up so many issues, from the proposed animal testing lab in Melaka, drugged tiger in A'Famosa, Wildlife Protect Act 1972 with RM200 fines only to KTM dog, suffering animals at local council pounds, etc...

I don't even read the papers now.

I am really sadden. Sad because people think I'm over reacting.. "Animal lover", they scorned. "What can we do", some sighed. "Aiyah, its like that wan.. u also eat animals what!", ..and the list goes on..

What do i do?...

Are we so heartless - just for entertainment & profit, for our convenience, well-being & beauty, we'd do anything, exploit anyone & any living thing??

If this is our attitude, what next?? ... Baby dumping!

"Animal cruelty across the board is a serious matter because it’s a reflection of people, not animals.", I quote.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...