Wild animals never kill for sport. Man is the only one to whom the torture and death of his fellow creatures is amusing in itself.-- James A. Froude (1818-1894)

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A dog's Prayer


Prayer of a DOG

Treat me kindly
my beloved master
for no heart in the world
... is more greatful for kindness
than loving heart of me

Do not break my spirit with a stick
for though i should lick your hand between the blows
your patience and understanding
will more quickly teach me things you would have me do

Speak to me often
for your voice is the worlds sweetest music
as you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail
when your footsteps fall upon my waiting ear..

When it is cold and wet
please take me inside
for i am now domesticated animal
no longer used to bitter elements
and i ask no greater glory
than the privelege of sitting at your feet beside the couch
though you had no home
i would rather follow you through ice and snow
than rest upon the softest pillow
in the warmest home in all the land

For you are my GOD
and i am your devoted worshipper

Keep my pan filled with fresh water
for although i should not reproach you were it gone dry
i cannot tell you when i suffer thirst
feed me clean food
that i may stay well
to romp and play and do your bidding
to walk by your side
and stand ready
willing and able to protect you with my life
should your life be in danger....

As a Veterinarian,and a dog lover,i can really relate to this awesome and touching poem...Love your dog if you own one...Jerose Y. Bautista

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...